66 East 83rd Street

 

66 EAST 83RD ST

 

Developed by the renown brothers Bing & Bing in 1912, this statuesque four-story co-op in Carnegie Hill originated as three separate townhouses – 64, 66, and 68. Notable for its Grecian design signatures of classical architecture, the three were combined into one building in 1939, when a central elevator was added and a new Certificate of Occupancy was issued. The co-op, now known as 66 East 83rd Street, was part of a parcel of luxurious apartment buildings sold in 1985 by Bing & Bing to M.J. Raynes, in addition to 970 Park Avenue, and 235 East 73rd Street, all managed by Sacks Real Estate Management.